The competition was tough and we admire every class for their efforts during the voting period. We are thrilled to announce the final top 10 photo essays that received the most votes over the course of the complete voting period, and the additional 5 staff picks photo essays. Together, these 15 finalists are now one step closer to winning the grand prize, a trip to Parks Canada places in Manitoba! Congratulations!
The 15 finalists are:
- Coffee House-Entertain, Educate, Appreciate (Amalgamated Academy, Bay Roberts, N.L.)
- Winter, Eh (St. Marys DCVI, Ont.)
- Elk Island National Park Stewardship Campout (Edmonton Christian Northheast School, Alta.)
- Our Adventures of Rouge National Urban Park (Annette Street P.S, Ont.)
- Protect our Water, Protect our Parks! (Jack Chambers, Ont.)
- The Oysters of Stanley Park (Pauline Johnson Elementary, B.C.)
- Air Quality and Temperature (Northeast Kings Education Centre, N.S.)
- Protection of Bats at Point Pelee National Park/Protection des chauves-souris au parc national de la Pointe-Pelée (Tecumseh Vista Academy, Ont.)
- Beading to Batoche – A Metis Mosaic (Indian Head High School, Sask.)
- Protégeons nos baleines et nos bélugas (Polyvalente des Berges, Qc)
- A Return to Rossland's Past: A Historic Photo Re-Shoot (Seven Summits Center for Learning, B.C.)
- Le parcours légendaire (Juvénat Notre-Dame, Qc)
- Khàtìnas.àxh Community School Grade 5/6/7 (Khàtìnas.àxh Community School, Y.T.)
- "Bridging" Culture and Environment: Chief Mistawasis Bridge and the North East Swale (Silverspring, Sask.)
- Friendship is the key to camping (École du Carrefour, N.-É.)
Be sure to check out all the entries from the many talented grade 7, 8 and 9/ secondary 1,2 and 3 students from across the country.
Missed out on this year’s contest? Sign up to receive updates about next year’s contest.