We value your privacy. Please read on below to see the privacy policies for Contests and the CoolestSchoolTrip.ca website. Contact us for more information.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE Contest
During the Contest, personal information will be collected from both entrants and participants in the Contest (collectively “Participants”) as well as from voters who participate in the voting portion of the Contest (“Voters”). The personal information that will be collected from Participants and Voters may include:
- Biographical information (including name, address, date of birth, and other background personal information);
- Information obtained from Participants during the application process and over the course of the Contest;
- Comments and views of Participants in connection with the Contest;
- E-mail addresses for Voters.
2. HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST WILL BE USED AND DISCLOSED
Personal information collected during or in connection with the Contest may be used for the following purposes:
- to assess Participant progress over the course of the Contest and by the Contest sponsors and judging panel to determine Contest winners;
- to confirm the identity of Participants and Voters;
- for administering the Contest;
- for awarding Contest prizes;
- to monitor and track votes and the voting process;
- to confirm the integrity of the voting process;
- for advertising purposes to promote the Contest and the purposes and results of the Contest;
- to keep entrants informed about the Contest; and
- to comply with legal requirements for the purpose of the Contest and as may otherwise be legally required. In addition to the purposes noted above, we may also use and disclose personal information in order to comply with the law, enforce the Contest Official Rules, to protect against fraud in the Contest and to protect the property rights and security of the Contest sponsors and of the Participants and Voters. Use and disclosure of personal information for these purposes may involve sharing personal information with fraud detection agencies and/or regulatory authorities including law enforcement authorities.
3. RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information collected during the Contest will be retained and used for as long as necessary for the purposes of the Contest – this may include promotional activities in connection with the goals and objective of the Contest, to promote and advertise Contest results and for other purposes relating to the administration, enforcement or compliance with legal requirements relating to the Contest.
4. ANONYMOUS/AGGREGATED INFORMATION
We may also collect or use anonymous/aggregated information. This is information that cannot personally identify you, such as cookies. A cookie is a small text file we place in your browser’s files. No one else can read this file. Cookies allow our server to recognize you when you return to our site, so you don’t have to re-register and so we can retain any preferences you may have given us. If you do not wish to receive cookies, most browsers allow you to be alerted when a cookie is sent to your computer, so you can decide whether to accept it. In some cases, if your browser is set not to accept cookies, this may impact your full use of the site and may prohibit you from fully participating or voting in the Contest.
5. HOW THE SPONSORS PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We make every reasonable effort to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. Our security policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary.
Only authorized individuals and suppliers have access to personal information collected, use or disclosed in connection with the Contest. We may use third parties to assist in the administration of the Contest including in connection with the judging process. However, in cases where information is sent to or accessed by a third party, we ensure, through our contracts with them, that all personal information is handled and stored in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
6. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF CANADA
7. CONTEST AND PRIVACY INFORMATION
Canadian Geographic Privacy Officer
50 Sussex Drive,